Build errors

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jan 18 08:43:04 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

> In running genode with the "hello" app, I keep getting the following message:
>
> [init] starting hello_server with quota=262144
> [init] using unique child name "hello_server"
> [init] Warning: Could not open file "hello_server" at ROM service.
>
> I also get the same thing with the hello client. Does this mean that the hello
> app is not loading at all? What do I need to do to fix this?

this depends on the used base platform. On OKL4, you have to make sure
that both binaries hello_client and hello_server are listed in the
modules section of the elf-weaver XML file (see '<pd name="modules">').
Assuming you are using OKL4, have you added both files to the list of
modules?

On Linux, no special precautions are needed because ROM files are
looked up at the current directory when starting core. Normally this
is '<builddir>/bin' where all binaries are located. So for executing
the hello tutorial, the Linux platform is most convenient.

On Pistachio and Fiasco, all ROM binaries must be loaded as boot modules
(e.g., as GRUB modules following sigma0, core, init and config).