Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 10.08 released

Wed Aug 11 15:18:34 CEST 2010

We are happy to announce release 10.08 of the Genode OS Framework. This new
version brings support for hardware accelarated graphics and wireless
networking. The release introduces the Gallium3D software stack
alongside the Intel graphics execution manager, which can be used by Genode
applications to perform hardware-accelerated 3D graphics on Intel GMA
platforms. The integration of the MadWifi project into our Linux
device-driver environment enables the use of a broad range of wireless
network cards. The newly introduced block-session interface is showcased by
the new ATAPI driver, a service providing ROM files as loop-device, and by a
block-device driver for Genode's paravirtualized OKLinux version.

Release-notes summary for version 10.08
---------------------------------------

* Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics via Gallium3D and Intel GEM
* Wireless networking using MadWifi
* Block device interface, ROM loop service
* ATAPI driver, ISO 9660 file system
* Update of Qt4 to version 4.6.3
* Dynamic linker for ARM EABI

You can find the complete release notes for the version 10.08 here:

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/10.08/

The new release is available to the project's subversion repository
and at the Genode download page:

  http://genode.org/download/latest-release

Stefan Kalkowski