Weird build error

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Apr 17 11:46:44 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

Peter Nguyen wrote:
> In using the latest genode version via OKL4 (an unmodified build), and trying to
> include nic_drv and the http server as part of config, I keep getting the the
> "no RM attachment" error. This is the output i get when i only include "nic_drv"
> in the config.
> [init] starting nic_drv with quota=2097152
> [init] using unique child name "nic_drv"
> no RM attachment (READ pf_addr=0 pf_ip=203891c from 04)
> virtual void
> Genode::Signal_session_component::submit(Genode::Signal_context_capability,
> unsigned int): invalid signal-context capability

I suppose the problem is a corner case of the super-page handling we
have now enabled by default. Could you please test the attached patch?
The patch is still preliminary, so it is not yet included in the SVN. If
you confirm that the patch fixes your problem, however, we might commit
it as an interim solution.

Thanks