Rom FS

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Apr 14 10:21:49 CEST 2010

Hi again,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:14:49PM +0930, Peter Nguyen wrote:
> I noticed that as part of booting up Genode that the contents of the rom
> FS is printed (provided the variable is set for enabling verbose
> printing of boot information). Is there a way of having access to this
> data in my profiling environment? Having access to this information
> would greatly help with my system profiling.

Indeed, ROM files can be accessed via ROM sessions. Please have a look
at

  http://genode.org/documentation/architecture/core#ROM_-_boot-time-file_access
  http://genode.org/documentation/api/base_index#section-2

We kept the service as simple as possible and, therefore, do not
provide readdir()-like functionality. If you need this feature, you
could use the nested config support. An example can be found in the
Genode sources

  os/config/nested_config

Christian Helmuth