File System Support

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Apr 9 14:17:06 CEST 2009

Hello Ashish,

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:32:36PM +0530, Ashish Srivastava wrote:
> This is my first post to this list. Can some one please tell me whether
> there is any filesystem support available for Genode. In other words can I
> write on the hard disk or access it's ext2/ext3 partitions. If yes, then how
> to get it working. Refer me to some menu.lst file.

Currently, there's no support in Genode for hard disk access nor any
file system implementation.

> And, do you use some different grub?

No, we use an off-the-shelf Grub version (mostly from a recent Ubuntu
version) to boot ISO images.

> Also I need some help on building genode properly to get
> 'everything' working.

Depending on your current knowledge of Genode and what you're trying
to achieve, you should consult the following resources:

  How to start exploring Genode
  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/getting_started

  Creating your first Genode application
  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/client_server_tutorial

  Genode on L4ka::Pistachio
  http://genode.org/community/wiki/GenodeOnL4kaPistachio

  Genode on L4/Fiasco
  http://genode.org/community/wiki/GenodeOnL4Fiasco

  Documentation of the Genode OS Framework
  http://genode.org/documentation

  Genode community resources
  http://genode.org/community

> By the way is their support for USB Mouse/Keyboard.

Currently, no. But USB support is on our public roadmap, which is
http://genode.org/about/road-map

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth