using tool/dde_linux/ scripts for usb_net driver

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Tue Jan 30 14:09:15 CET 2024

Hello Sebastian

Many thanks for your quick reply.

On 30.01.24 12:40, Sebastian Sumpf wrote:
> Not a good idea. Sometimes you have to start the script multiple times.
> Also if the DUMMY_FILE (e.g., generated_dummies.c) is not empty when you
> run the tool, functions in there will not be re-generated - because the
> build step will not produce undefined references - and the file will be
> empty.

No Idea what went wrong this morning, after restarting the change again
with your arm_v6 patches for usb_net applied, I was able to generate the
file.

I had to manually extract some methods from drivers/net/phy/phylink.c,
for those the script reported that it couldn't find the definition. This
could be, that for imx_linux this file isn't built.

> I have re-enabled smsc95xx for arm_v6 on current staging. You can have a
> look there, technically you just need to add 'smsc95xx.c' to the
> 'source.list' for arm_v8 (as it will be called) now arm_64, add
> 'smc95xx.h' to the dep.list, and as you did re-generate the dummies.
> Then you can check what is called and not implemented at runtime.

I now have a running usb_net that can at least get the IP-address via DHCP.

I will test it some more and send you the patch if works reliably and
you are interested in it.

Regards, Pirmin