Roadmap 2024

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Fri Jan 12 10:37:05 CET 2024

Hello everyone,

In 2023, the progress in Goa turned out to be extremely helpful to us,
as was the maturing of the Linux DDE, base-hw, and the tracing
infrastructure. We also very much appreciate the new debug monitor.

Gapfruit's ambition for 2024 is to deploy a fleet of industrial IoT
gateways to several factory floors. To achieve this, we will work on our
Azure device management agent, fully implement TPM-backed security
features, and enable a new device based on an i.MX8MP SoC. The last part
seems to align with the planned work on the MNT PocketReform laptop.

Our pain points include stability problems with both available network
stacks. We would also like to improve our in-house expertise in enabling
new SoCs. Another issue worthy of further work would be the addition of
resource trading to the fs_rom and cached_fs_rom components.

Also, we would very much welcome any further work to make the debug
monitor available on arm_v8a. Any advances in tooling for performance
analysis of complex asynchronous components are also topics of interest.

Best regards
Stefan for the Gapfruit Team