Roadmap 2024

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at genode-labs.com
Tue Jan 2 12:58:24 CET 2024

Hi,

in 2023 I spent more time with the optimization of the Morph web browser performance on the PinePhone
with the help of the "trace recorder" and "Eclipse Trace Compass" tools, which went as far as implementing
a "Genode lock analysis" feature in Trace Compass to investigate why Jitsi RTP audio packets are often
not processed fast enough. Then it was time for another tool chain update and since then I've been mainly
working on the new debug monitor with the goal of on-target debugging on Sculpt OS.

For 2024, I'm interested in continuing with the debug monitor and tracing topics and also in porting more
development tools that are needed to build Genode on Sculpt OS without depending on a Linux VM. We
could also consider updating Qt to Qt6 to fix the current Python 2 dependency of QtWebEngine (since
Python 2 is deprecated and apparently not even provided by newer Ubuntu versions anymore) and to get
a newer Chromium engine version for the Falkon and Morph web browsers.

Christian