Roadmap 2024

Ivan Loskutov loskutov.ivan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 18:44:12 CET 2024

Hi Jean-Philippe,

thanks for your kind words.

>  If you wish to discuss the design space, I would be very happy
> to share whatever knowledge and perspective I have developed over the
> years while working on Qubes and similar efforts.

I will be happy to get feedback from you and all other Genodians.
I am working on cleaning and publishing all my code.

Frankly, I don't work on the design for this project. It is a more iterative
process for me. I only have a little free time and want a working solution
with minimum effort from my side, using as many existing components as
possible. I learn new things, go deeper, and change my approach if it makes
sense.

The current solution is quite simple. On the Linux side, it is a customized
Wayland compositor based on dwl (simple wlroots-based tiling window manager).
And a server that captures screens and inputs event injection using Wayland
protocol extensions. The server now provides a simple TCP-based interface.

On the Genode side, it is a simple app that gets framebuffer data, shows it,
and sends input events to the server.

Now, I am trying to improve performance. I want to implement some virtio
device to remove TCP and reduce the number of copies for framebuffers data.

So, stay tuned :)

--
Best Regards
Ivan Loskutov