open/ close/ read

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Wed Feb 7 08:43:50 CET 2024

Hello Michael,

On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 13:08:22 CET, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> Is open() read() close() supposed to work? For me they doesn’t. It
> works sometimes but not all times. It also doesn’t read the file it
> just reads the first bytes or kbytes if large file.

Yes, those functions are supposed to work and also do in quite some
components, most of them ported applications. Could you be a bit more
specific about the parameters and results in failing cases?

> fopen fread fclose is ok and stat.

This hints the libc implementation copes with corner cases of the
low-level functions your code does not.

Best regards
--
Christian Helmuth