debugging VFS plugins with monitor

Duss Pirmin pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Wed Sep 27 08:59:24 CEST 2023

Hello all

One thing I just noticed, while preparing a presentation for my colleagues:

When I do the following:
! KERNEL=nova BOARD=pc make -C build/x86_64 cleanall
! KERNEL=nova BOARD=pc make -C build/x86_64 run/vfs_tresor_init

The symbolic link for ld.lib.so points to
<build_dir>/var/libcache/ld/ld.lib.so. With this the breakpoints do not
work (running is fine). The following commands fix this for me:
! cd <build_dir>/x86_64/debug
! rm ld.lib.so
! ln -s ld-nova.lib.so ld.lib.so

I just wanted to make everybody aware of this.

Regards Pirmin