vbox memory increase

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Wed Nov 1 06:57:55 CET 2023

Hi Johnny,

Have you adapted your launcher config additionally to machine.vbox? In
the launcher config you can add attributes "ram" and "caps" to the
<launcher> tag and a <config> sub-tag. All three overwrite the package
defaults (see [1]). In case of vbox6, if you're not going over 8G/7000
caps, you don't have to overwrite <config>. But if so, you'd have to
adapt the
<start name="vbox" caps="7000">
<resource name="RAM" quantum="8G"/> as well.

Regarding the CPUs I'm not so sure when it comes to the launcher.
However, you can set this graphically when first deploying the package
via the "+" menu and setting the routes. Below the routes list, there is
a tab "Resource assignmenet ..." where you can configure affinity and
priority. The affinity should contain at least as many
cores/hyperthreads as you have configured CPUs in your machine.vbox.

Did that help?
Martin

[1] repos/ports/recipes/pkg/vbox6/runtime