sculpt-22-10.img build crashing on splash screen "GENODE"

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Wed Mar 29 07:59:46 CEST 2023

Hello Johnny,

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 15:30:09 CEST, Johnny Nunez wrote:
> i am using ASRock imb-195 , now i am getting Sculpt to load and stay on,

The motherboard specs look promising from a quick look at [1] (Intel
Kabylake/Skylake, Intel Gen9 graphics, Intel NICs). Would you mind to
disclose, which CPU you equipped the board with?

> but right after it does this usb's ports die
> and i have no way of interacting with os, i see the mouse cursor and the whole screen looks good

As I have no experience with the used hardware I'm afraid you had to
take further tests on your side and provide more debug information.
Therefore, you may prepare an USB thumb drive as used file system on a
fully supported machine (or in VirtualBox maybe). Add the "Tools ->
report_dump" utility to the deploy configuration and make the config
persistent (see [2]). Then, test the configuration on the "good"
machine and you'll find report_dump stored information of the /report
file system on the thumb drive. Now, please boot the imb-195 with the
stick to gather information about the failing boot. If you find
anything suspicious in /report/log, you may share the log lines (and
maybe info from 22.10/drivers/). For the USB issue log lines starting
with [drivers -> usb_drv] are of interest.

[1] https://www.asrockind.com/en-gb/IMB-195
[2] https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-22-10#Making_customizations_permanent

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs