Regarding ARM on Genode virt_qemu_arm_v8a

Divya Sharma divyasharma26546 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 09:58:03 CET 2023

Thanks Norman for your suggestion.
I modified the sculpt.run as you said but still the uplink session is not
getting created may be because of the label mismatch.

[init] Warning: drivers: no route to service "Uplink" (label="drivers ->
virtio_mmio_nic -> ")
[init -> drivers -> virtio_mmio_nic] Error: Uplink-session creation failed
(ram_quota=3538944, cap_quota=8, mac_address="52:54:00:12:34:56",
tx_buf_size=1638400, rx_buf_size=1638400, label="")
[init -> drivers -> virtio_mmio_nic] Error: Uncaught exception of type
'Genode::Service_denied'

I  tried to figure it out by inspecting the run scripts and runtime
configuration  working behind the scenes but I  am not able to provide that
route to nic_router.So,Is there anything that needs to be changed in [1]
to give the route to the uplink session.
Also as you said that by default  Sculpt labels the nic driver as "nic_drv"
so is there any way to make it to virtio_mmio_nic by modifying these .cc
files  [2],[3],[4].Maybe i could be wrong for it.

Then kindly guide me towards it.
Also i am sharing the modification that i did to scripts.

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/gems/run/sculpt.run#L153
[2]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/gems/src/app/sculpt_manager/network.cc