Works on PinePhone Pro Explorer?

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Mar 23 11:51:20 CET 2023

Hello,

On 2023-03-22 02:41, DeusVult03 via users wrote:
> Hello, I have the pinephone pro explorer edition, which is a bit newer
> and has more features than basic pinephone.
> It was released a long time before Genode 23.02, however I am not sure
> if the recent Genode update will work on this hardware.

the topic was touched during our road-map discussion in January [1].

[1] https://lists.genode.org/pipermail/users/2023-January/008201.html

Personally, I have no concrete plans in this direction. As the PinePhone
Pro has a completely different SoC compared to the regular PinePhone,
our existing PinePhone driver components cannot be reused.

That said, Michael's work on the RK3588 [2] would be a good starting
point for pursuing such an ambition.

[2] https://github.com/mickenx/genode-rockchip