java for arm_v7a

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com
Tue Mar 21 12:45:28 CET 2023

Hi Divya,

On 3/21/23 09:02, Divya Sharma wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 12:24 PM Sebastian Sumpf
> <Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com <mailto:Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Divya,
>
>     On 3/18/23 18:07, Divya Sharma wrote:
>      > Hello Genodians, I am reaching out to you regarding our efforts to build a
>      > sculpt image that supports Java on arm v7a. During the compilation
>     process, we
>      > encountered the following errors:
>      > [init] Error: allocation of read-write segment failed
>      > [init] Error: runtime: out of RAM during ELF loading [init -> log_kernel]
>     Error:
>      > ROM-session creation failed (ram_quota=6144, cap_quota=3, label="log")
>     [init ->
>      > log_kernel] Error: Could not open ROM session for "log" [init -> log_kernel]
>      > Error: Uncaught exception of type
>     'Genode::Rom_connection::Rom_connection_failed'
>      > Also attached log file and please provide some suggestions to solve this.
>
>     could you run your scenario with the "LOG=core" option enabled and send the
>     serial log output here again?
>
>     ! make KERNEL=hw BOARD=<board> LOG=core SCULPT=default run/sculpt_test

Okay, I see. There is a problem with ELF loading in init (out of RAM). Also this
has nothing to do with Java, but with Sculpt startup on Qemu. You seem to start
Sculpt on the "virt_qemu_arm_v7a" in Qemu. This is unsupported on current master
(sculpt.run says "Platform is unsupported."), which means, either you have
modified the scenario on your own, or operate on someone else's unsupported
branch. Either way, I do not know your setup, and  therefore, cannot reproduce
it. The first step to debug this, would be to find out why "init" does not have
enough RAM to load an ELF and what ELF it tries to load. Maybe it is already
enough to increase the RAM quota of the "runtime" in "sculpt.run".

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf