Rockchip USB revisited

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Tue Mar 21 11:35:11 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 03:29:48PM +0100, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> How does the dts extraction work? I would like to have a local copy in
> the repo.. In order to build the driver I needed to do brute force
> hacks into dde_linux.. can I override files from it in my repo?

We provide a device tree source extraction tool in `tool/dts/extract`.
You can see how it is used, e.g., within
`genode-imx/src/drivers/linux_mnt_reform2_drv_target.inc` at the end
of the file.

First you need to preprocess the Linux original device tree source,
and then use `extract --select XXX --select YYY` to extract the nodes
and their transitive closure you're interested in.

Regarding the shadowing of files within dde_linux: I would
try to avoid that as far as possible to stay update compliant. Maybe
you can explain in more detail where it doesn't fit your needs?
But of course it is possible to use or not use whatever shadow file
exists within dde_linux. In that case you might need to avoid the
usage of `repos/dde_linux/lib/import/import-lx_emul_common.inc`, and
define your own stripped version of it defining what file is included
exactly.

Regards
Stefan

> Thanks,