Rockchip USB revisited

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Mar 13 16:49:28 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

> Yes I got that..If I do build the linux kernel it works. The problem
> is that when it tries to use source tree from "depot" iit isn't
> configured. I haven't refactored the sources yet (everything is named
> a64)  and this is the output I get:
>

> checking library dependencies...
>   Library a64_linux
>     MERGE    a64_linux.lib.a
>   Library a64_linux_generated
>     MERGE    a64_linux_generated.lib.a
>     CONFIG   Linux
>       [Linux]  /home/micken/oldhome/micken/src/new/genode/depot/genodelabs/api/a64_linux/2023-03-13/src/linux/
> Makefile:621: arch/arm64/Makefile: No such file or directory
>       [Linux]  make[9]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm64/Makefile'.  Stop.
>       [Linux]  make[8]: *** [Makefile:185: __sub-make] Error 2

the content of the depot api archive is unconfigured. The configuration
happens at build time of each driver that uses the API (so once for each
binary archive). It may be helpful to peek into the build directory when
building a depot binary by passing the argument KEEP_BUILD_DIR=1 to the
tool/depot/create tool.

Since your error message complains about a missing Makefile, I suspect
that something with the packaging of your a64_linux api archive went
wrong. When looking at the a64_1inux api archive in my depot, I'm seeing
a file at src/linux/arch/arm64/Makefile. Does it exist in your case?
Have you re-used the depot recipe of for api/a64_linux [1] as is?

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode-allwinner/blob/master/recipes/api/a64_linux/content.mk

To cross-check, does the creation of the binary archive
bin/arm_v8a/a64_usb_host_drv using the genode-allwinner repository work
as it should?