Rockchip USB revisited

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Mar 13 16:05:22 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On 2023-03-13 15:47, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> I am trying to bring up EHCI using the A64 driver. I configiured build
> system to download a tar ball with linux kernel. However in the:
> "CONFIG Linux" step  I get this:
>
> Makefile:621: arch/arm64/Makefile: No such file or directory
>
> Which is natural since the source tree in depot isn't configured.
>

> So the first questions is; when is the tree configured?
In the genode-allwinner repository, the Linux kernel's config step
happens via the 'a64_linux_generated' pseudo library [1].

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode-allwinner/blob/master/lib/mk/spec/arm_v8/a64_linux_generated.mk

If a target has 'a64_lx_emul' added to the 'LIBS' variable, the
corresponding import file implicitly adds the 'a64_linux_generated'
library [2].

[2]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode-allwinner/blob/master/lib/import/import-a64_lx_emul.mk

So it should be enough to add the following line to a target.mk file:

   LIBS += base a64_lx_emul

When processed by the Genode build system, the 'a64_linux_generated'
library leaves a readily configured Linux build directory at
<build-dir>/var/libcache/a64_linux_generated/.