First system image of Sculpt OS for the PinePhone

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Mar 13 11:19:00 CET 2023

Hi Pirmin,

thank you for testing the PinePhone image.

> After some more testing I was able to turn on and off the modem multiple
> times. So I'm not sure, why this  wasn't working on my first try.
>
> Unfortunately I still wasn't able to do calls.

The modem_pinephone.run script at the Allwinner repository [1] might be
helpful to solve this mystery. It allows you to interactively talk to
the modem using AT commands. You can find the commands for placing and
receiving calls documented at the beginning of the run script. More
detailed information is available at [2] in Section "LTE module
information".

I wonder, are you able to unlock your SIM and issue/receive voice calls
using this manual procedure? If yes, I would very much appreciate a log
of the AT commands that work for you. So we can extend the AT-protocol
driver [3] accordingly.

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode-allwinner/blob/master/run/modem_pinephone.run
[2]