Regarding ARM on Genode virt_qemu_arm_v8a

Colin Parker cvparker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 14:18:22 CET 2023

Divya,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 6:19 AM Divya Sharma <divyasharma26546 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Martin and Colin for your help.
> I configured the virtio_mmio_nic configuration for virt_qemu_arm_v8a
> using [1] archive?
> But after that i got stuck in the error
> [init] Warning: drivers: no route to service "Uplink" (label="drivers ->
> virtio_mmio_nic -> ")
> [init -> drivers -> virtio_mmio_nic] Error: Uplink-session creation failed
> (ram_quota=3538944, cap_quota=8, mac_address="52:54:00:12:34:56",
> tx_buf_size=1638400, rx_buf_size=1638400, label="")
>
> I believe this happens because your [init -> drivers -> virtio_mmio_nic]
driver can't access the Uplink service provided by  [init -> runtime ->
nic_router].
However, if you look at your log file, there is also a component [init ->
runtime -> virtio_mmio_nic]. If you don't launch [init -> drivers ->
virtio_mmio_nic] and only launch [init -> runtime -> virtio_mmio_nic], the
latter component might be able to find the route to [init -> runtime ->
nic_router]. I see that the "drivers" version is getting a MAC address
while the "runtime" version is not, possibly this is because the first one
to launch claims a resource and prevents the other from accessing it
(that's a wild guess though). In my Sculpt system, the net drivers are
launched by "runtime" not "drivers", so the routing there should
(hopefully) be all set up. Another option might be to provide some routing
rule in the "init" component to route Uplink requests from "drivers" to
"runtime".

> Saying that there is no route for Uplink service because I am not able to
> set up that, I also tried to find those scripts mentioned by Colin but I
> could not.
> I also went for the following command to find the routes but I could not
> find the script that needed the modification.

I'm not sure it's necessary to do more on this in your configuration, since
the component seems to get launched by "runtime" somehow anyway.

Hope it helps.

-CP