PinePhone Sculpt SD Card Problem (was: Re: Announcement: Sculpt OS 23.04 released)

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Fri Jun 9 15:07:47 CEST 2023

Hi Cedric,

thanks for testing with the debug image.

> No change for me -- boot-up takes a couple additional seconds
> (probably debugging/tracing enabled?) and the battery indicator says
> "AC" for a few seconds before displaying the percentage.

Yes, the image is build with serial logging enabled (if you attach
the earphone jack serial cable to your PinePhone you will see all LOG
messages).

> I then proceeded to the setup steps,
> - Expand... Confirm... still returns immediately
> - Tapping "default" results in message "relabelling in progress"
> displayed for about a third of a second, i.e. it returns immediately
> too.
>
> FWIW, I have a bunch of SD cards/packages associated with this phone,
> EMTEC, Verbatim, etc.  It seems the one I'm dd'ing the SculptOS image
> to is a 16 GB "Verbatim premium 80MB/s-read 533x (cl.1)" or some such.

Unfortunately I have no follow-up advice for now - but to make sure,
former versions of Sculpt on PinePhone did not exhibit these issues
(perhaps with the same SD card)?

(I normally use “SanDisk Ultra” cards, which did work fine so far.)

Regards
Josef

--
Josef Söntgen