PinePhone Sculpt SD Card Problem (was: Re: Announcement: Sculpt OS 23.04 released)

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Thu Jun 8 10:58:30 CEST 2023

Hi,

* John J. Karcher <devuser at alternateapproach.com> [2023-06-08 01:32:14 -0400]:
> On 6/7/23 12:26, ttcoder at netcourrier.com wrote:
> > […]
> > - when invoking Expand... Confirm... it does not work for 20 seconds
> > at all, in fact it returns immediately.
> > - and the file system size label still says "15 MB", instead of
> > indicating that the FS has been expanded to the full SD-card size
> > (15 GB)
> > - hence even after clicking "Default" (which didn't work, had to
> > click "Use" instead) and...
> > - ...activating Wi-fi and getting an IP address, any network
> > download still remains stuck at "expanding" or even "fetching".
> > This probably all goes back to the FS not (?) being expanded I guess.
> > […]
>
> I had a similar, but not identical, situation on my 3GB version.  In my
> case, anything involving writing (expand, default, etc.) would never
> complete, but slow the system to a crawl in the process.
>
> […]

could you both please try out my debug image [1]. We already got a similar
report from someone on the PinePhone forum [2] where changing the MMC
clocking back to previous setting did the trick.

[1] https://genode.org/files/sculpt-pinephone-23.04-2023-05-09.img.xz
[2] https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14780&pid=117253#pid117253

Regards
Josef