Announcement: Sculpt OS 23.04 released

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Wed Jun 7 18:26:45 CEST 2023

Howdy fellow genodians,

> Dear PinePhone users,
>
> piggybacking on Christian's announcement, I've slightly updated my
> recent Genodians article with information about the Sculpt 23.04 version:
>
>    http://genodians.org/nfeske/2023-02-01-mobile-sculpt
..
>    https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone
>    https://github.com/nfeske/genode-allwinner/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone
..
> As another nicety, I'd like to share that the new version in principle
> supports the 2 GiB model of the PinePhone. However, the larger presets
> (morph and jitsi) will most probably cause trouble on the 2 GiB variant.

Gave it a try (at last), installing and running 2023-04-26 from the depot.
I had the genodians.org tutorial in front of me, and I might have figured out the root problem that causes downstream issues:

- when invoking Expand... Confirm... it does not work for 20 seconds at all, in fact it returns immediately.
- and the file system size label still says "15 MB", instead of indicating that the FS has been expanded to the full SD-card size (15 GB)
- hence even after clicking "Default" (which didn't work, had to click "Use" instead) and...
- ...activating Wi-fi and getting an IP address, any network download still remains stuck at "expanding" or even "fetching".
This probably all goes back to the FS not (?) being expanded I guess.

If I'm the only one affected that's no biggie, but posting in case others are experiending something similar.

Cédric