First Rockchip port repo.

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Mon Jan 30 14:49:16 CET 2023

Hello Michael,

thank you very much for providing your source code to everyone, and
congratulations for rocking Genode on rk3588!

Currently, I'm quite busy with preparations regarding the FOSDEM 2023.
But after that weekend, I'm looking forward to review your crt0.s
additions and will try to integrate it upstream into base-hw.

Best regards
Stefan

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 11:51:42AM +0100, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have made a github repo for my Rockchip port.
> It is only RK3588 for now, but I plan to add rk3399
> for supporting Pinebook Pro.
>
> There are a number of things not working.Most
> irritating is USB. My old tree had driver in dde_linux
> repo. Currently if built with drivers-interactive it fails
> in a couple of library dependencies. If built from a run
> file it won't build all lx_kit files needed. Feel free to help
> me, fork and make pull request.
>
> There is a crt0.s in the start directory that you can copy
> to base-hw. I hope it doesn't break things. It is required
> for this platform, probably because I start genode with
> "go" and not bootm. I can't get bootm to work.
>
> The requirement for running this is a RK3588 board
> with uboot that support USB and HDMI. You need to run
> "usb start" before booting.
>
> The video driver gets the screen mode from what uboot
> has configured with EDID. Works just fine with 1080p
> monitor. But not with a 4k monitor,
>
> Well this is it! I have enjoyed it so far. I have tried to
> being careful with authours by adding myself and kept
> original developer where appropriate. Please fix if I
> did something wrong there. It might also be traces from
> A64 port , which you also can remove if you find any.
>
> I also kept the license and base copyright which means
> that I give this away to The labs.
>
> Have fun.
>
> The repo:
> https://github.com/mickenx/genode-rockchip