fec_nic_drv no packet ever send on imx8mm

Jean-Adrien Domage jean-adrien.domage at gapfruit.com
Fri Jan 27 16:03:39 CET 2023

Hello Christian,

> - Your board seems to use a different PHY from imx8q_evk. Is this
>    correct?

It seems that they use the same PHY, in the logs I have on the imx8q_evk:

```

|[init -> nic_drv -> nic_drv] Qualcomm Atheros AR8031/AR8033
30be0000.ethernet-1:00: attached PHY driver
(mii_bus:phy_addr=30be0000.ethernet-1:00, irq=POLL)|

```

On the imx8mm_iot_gate I have:
```
[init -> nic_drv -> fec_nic] Qualcomm Atheros AR8031/AR8033
30be0000.ethernet-1:00: attached PHY driver
(mii_bus:phy_addr=30be0000.ethernet-1:00, irq=POLL)
```
> - The driver logs the link is up in full-duplex 1Gbps.
>    Does your switch confirm this with its LED state?

Yes, I confirm that the green LED is on and the orange LED blink sometimes.

> - I spotted some messages about fec_enet_rx_queue in the log.
>    Does your driver receive any packets from the wire yet?
>    If yes, is the content of the packets reasonable (you could just log
>    some bytes into the packet while sending ARP requests from your
>    host)?

Yes, it does. I have attached to this e-mail a new log file that
contains plug/unplug logs
and pings. I have added debug message that print the destination/source
address in `fec_enet_rx_queue`.
The source MAC address is coherent with my host MAC address.

> - What happens if you unplug/plug the ethernet cable at runtime?

The nic session is removed and added again. So this works as intended

> - Did you check that a minimal Linux with your configuration is able
>    to drive the FEC?

No, I haven't yet. I am now working on testing this.

Best,
Jean-Adrien