scroll down the screen

Colin Parker cvparker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 06:08:58 CET 2023

Hi Johnny

I am getting confuse here, I am not staring Sculpt from qemu or anyother
> VM, I am starting Sculpt With the already made pre-compile version from
> genode web site with real hardware.

Ok, when I run Sculpt on real hardware, I use a display with 1920x1080
resolution, and there is no need to scroll even when launching complex
applications like Falkon. The only time I've had issues with the size is
when starting in Sculpt in a VM. So what I'm trying to say is that if you
are running with a display that's physically capable of high resolution,
but you are getting low-res due to a software issue perhaps I can help you
out (but we would need to know which driver is active). If your display is
actually that small, then as Norman suggests you can try manually launching
things.

> Your comment “ editing
>
> the deploy config by hand “
>
> sounds interesting , were would
>
> I even start ?

The section "Runtime management" of the Sculpt documentation is helpful on
this topic:
https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-22-10#Runtime_management.

Regards,
CP