Roadmap 2023

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Mon Jan 16 14:51:08 CET 2023

Hello Pirmin,

> Currently it crashes during startup (something wen creating sockets). The
> current  progress is at:
>
> https://github.com/trimpim/genode-trimpim/tree/intel_igc

I am wondering why you need sockets in the first place. I do neither
own nor know Intel IGC devices so I might miss something obvious but
they appear to be 2.5Gbs ethernet devices.

From a quick glance at your branch it looks like you used the
'pc_wifi_drv' as a template which I would not recommend (as it contains
functionality not strictly needed for "simple" ethernet drivers, e.g. the
socket call interface).

I think a more fitting blueprint would be the allwinner 'nic/emac' driver,
chances are that you do not have to implement that many functions
yourself.

Regards
Josef

--