video and usb driver (rk3588)

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Jan 13 12:05:49 CET 2023

Hi again,

> [...]
>
>> Maybe the fault IP refers to some special (neon?) instruction with
>> tighter constraints? Have you had a look at the faulting instruction?
>>
> Sorry , for being uneducated, but is "ip" an instruction (doesn't make
> sense , isn't an opcode)
> or is it an address? If address, where can I look it up?

just noticed that I left your question unanswered.

IP stands for "instruction pointer". It is printed in the page-fault
message (in this case 'ip=0x1009bb4').

When I see such an address, I'm usually using objdump to look up the
code around it, using the debug version of binary. In this case:

   build/arm_v8a$ genode-aarch64-objdump -lSd debug/gui_fb | less

In less, I search for '1009bb4', where I can see both the source line
numbers around the IP (scrolling back helps sometimes for heavily
inlined code), and also the opcode of the instruction at the IP.

However, if my guess of the previous posting is correct, the particular
instruction is probably innocent.

> Thanks , again. USB is currently a mess. I started from older imx8
> driver which depends on u-boot to start. I use u-boot "usb start"
> before boot.
> But it works :-)

Congratulations, it's a miracle! :)