video and usb driver (rk3588)

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:50:11 CET 2023

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 09:51, <ttcoder at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> > > Maybe the fault IP refers to some special (neon?) instruction with
> > > tighter constraints? Have you had a look at the faulting instruction?
> > >
> > Sorry , for being uneducated, but is "ip" an instruction (doesn't make
> > sense , isn't an opcode)
> > or is it an address? If address, where can I look it up?
>
> I see you've already found/fixed the issue (congrats on your RiscOS endeavour, always had a sweet spot for sixteen/thirty-two bits OS'es since the 1990s),

Thanks , it is a giant project.. and there are a lot of things that I
haven't a clue how I should do -:)

> but in case you still want the info:
> I asked the same a few years back and was told about the "(arch-name-here)-addr2line" gcc Genode toolchain utility.
> So when a crash occurs, I substract the driver's base address, e.g.
>
> $ pc
> > 0x1009bb4 - 0x1001000
> ... /bin/pc outputs the delta here ...

I don't know how I get the base address. I have tried the addresses
from bootlog and subtracted image base.

> And then I feed it to addr2line, with the path to the driver's "debug" (not-stripped-of-symbols) binary, and get the function name and file and line number.
> Very convenient once you get the hang of it:

I only get ?0 from above

About the alignment fault:
I wonder if the clip function could be modified to round up. I am
going to try that. It is very slow without some clipping.
But if someone has a better idea , please tell me.

Michael