Roadmap 2023

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Wed Jan 4 15:07:01 CET 2023

Hi Christian,

> So, for 2023 I mainly intend to continue these browser performance
> optimization efforts and to learn more about the advanced features of
> the 'Eclipse Trace Compass' tool to help with that. Apart from that I'm
> also interested in helping with the porting of other mobile applications
> to the PinePhone, the next Genode tool chain update and improving
> the state of the 'gdb_monitor" component.

all your points make perfect sense.

Thanks to your endurance, we made such huge strides with the browser
performance on the PinePhone. I'm very hopeful that the continuation of
these efforts will ultimately fulfill our vision of Jitsi on the
Genode-based PinePhone.

I'm delighted reading that you want to pick up the GDB support. It
happens to be one of the components that still stand in the way of
architectural improvements I want to pursue (e.g., it still relies on
the 'Signal_receiver'). So a modernization would be very much appreciated.

Good that you are raising the tool-chain update. How do you feel of
taking this opportunity to enable C++20 by default?