Roadmap 2023

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Tue Jan 3 16:44:23 CET 2023

Hello,

> How did you perceive the Genode year 2022?
> What directions are you most excited about?

One of the most profound developments was certainly the overall
enablement of Sculpt on the PinePhone partly aided by the revitalized
DDE Linux porting approach. Being able to provide a driver component
in a manageable amount of time while focusing on the integration rather
than spending time matching and mixing the pieces was an - I dare say -
enjoyable experience.

So, from that perspective I am curious where we end up by the end
of this year when it comes to the PinePhone.

> Which topics do you deem as interesting to explore yourself?
> Do you already happen to have rough plans about 2023?

Well, besides doing project work, as most of my pet projects start on
a whim it is hard to say if I come up with a new itch to scratch or
finally bring some of the stuff upstream.

That being said, from the top of my head, taking advantage of modern
I/O devices (multi-queue and multi-core interrupt handling in the NVMe
driver) and extending support for the AMD systems I use at home are
high up on my list.

Regards
Josef

--