regarding Sculpt on virt_qemu_riscv

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Thu Feb 16 09:26:42 CET 2023

Hi Pranab,

I just added an artificial compile error to my plugin.c and did [1].
Once I got the error, I removed the bug and did [1] again. The second
attempt was successful and didn't take much time. Note that the last
three arguments of the command line are equivalent to putting [2] in
your etc/build.conf when a run script uses the depot (e.g. run/sculpt).
It produces the "official" least amount of re-compilation.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] ./tool/depot/create local/bin/riscv/bash-minimal -j8 CCACHE=1
UPDATE_VERSIONS=1 FORCE=1 REBUILD=
[2] RUN_OPT += --depot-auto-update