Screensaver for the PinePhone

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Wed Aug 2 02:32:33 CEST 2023

On 7/17/23 05:35, Norman Feske wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> just a quick notice that I've published a new image as 'nfeske' (version
> 2023-07-14), which includes the following changes:
>
> - Panel-flickering mitigation (thanks Josef for investigating!)
> - Allow * and # in phone numbers
> - More consistent wakeup from the screensaver by ignoring the power
>    button while the display driver is coming up (previously, a second
>    tap would re-enter the screensaver)
> - Centered storage dialog to make the partition numbers easier to
>    touch w/o switching to the runtime screen
>
> The brightness-overriding issue that John reported remains unaddressed
> though.

I've been playing with this release, and now the 2023-07-28 release as
well.  Thanks for putting these out on a regular basis!  (And I still
can't praise the update system enough!)

I did see an improvement in the odds of flickering with these releases.
But when I put in my (uncooperative) SIM card, I noticed the flicker got
more likely and more severe.  I don't know if this is useful info or
not.  (I still need to try to figure out what's going on with the SIM card.)

The centering of the storage panel does make selecting a partition into
less of a game of chance. ;^)  I also noticed the highlighting of the
sliders in the settings panel in 2023-07-28 - pretty nifty.

Personally, I like the longer screenblanker timer better; the shorter
one would kick in before my WiFi would connect, for example.  Maybe you
can make this a setting. :^)

Thanks for the updates - they are a lot of fun!

  Happy Sculpting!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com