Announcement: Sculpt OS 23.04 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Apr 28 17:15:52 CEST 2023

Dear PinePhone users,

piggybacking on Christian's announcement, I've slightly updated my
recent Genodians article with information about the Sculpt 23.04 version:

   http://genodians.org/nfeske/2023-02-01-mobile-sculpt

The official image as published by Genode Labs is almost identical my
current development version. The few differences are captured by my
(stable) 'sculpt_23_04_pinephone' branches:

   https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone
   https://github.com/nfeske/genode-allwinner/commits/sculpt_23_04_pinephone

As you can see, they cover minor but nice UI improvements like adjusting
the size of the system shell, slightly increasing the buttons to be more
touch friendly, or increasing the package-download speed. The easiest
way to enjoy these conveniences is by switching the software-update
dialog to 'nfeske', installing the just-released version 2023-04-28, and
reboot into my custom system image.

As another nicety, I'd like to share that the new version in principle
supports the 2 GiB model of the PinePhone. However, the larger presets
(morph and jitsi) will most probably cause trouble on the 2 GiB variant.

Hoping that you will like the new version,