Minor problem with bin/src archive

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Tue Apr 25 15:36:14 CEST 2023

I was just fixing a problem with the old file vault for Sculpt 23.04 and
wanted to try it with the file_vault run script (with
--depot-auto-update) when I ran into an issue I did not have before my
fix but that was totally unrelated to my fix:

 ! [init -> file_vault -> vfs_block] Error: LD: symbol not found:
'typeinfo for Genode::Console'
! [init -> file_vault -> vfs_block] Error: Uncaught exception of type
'Linker::Not_found'

I couldn't figure out where it came from and it stayed also after 'make
clean'. Finally, I could fix it by removing both my vfs_block src and
bin archives (so, they got rebuilt).

Vfs_block has LIBS += base in its target.mk and the file vault pkg has
vfs_block in its archives and <content/> tag.

Its not critical for me but I thought it would be worth mentioning it.

Cheers,
Martin