Installing software in genode

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Apr 17 12:17:31 CEST 2023

Hello Divya,

> as suggested follow all the steps required,
> now the system downloads the necessary package and appears as a subnode
> next to GUI but doesn't show an open "bash terminal".
> and got this error in the log (attached screenshot) is there any
> solution for "rom session denied" problem?

the error message tells me that the 'bash' subsystem requires the 'init'
executable binary but it is not supplied with the pkg.

I guess that either the 'archives' file lacks an entry for 'init', or
that no corresponding <rom> node exists in the <content> declaration of
the pkg's 'runtime' file. It should contain an entry like this:

   <content>
     <rom label="init"/>
   </content>