dde_linux port fatal error - sculpt for virt qemu riscv

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Thu Apr 13 08:32:19 CEST 2023

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 21:38:57 CEST, Pranab Rout wrote:
> While building sculpt for virt_qemu_riscv, I came across the following
> error, which I believe is related to dde_linux. Please have a look and
> kindly suggest the modifications required.

First I'd like to note that riscv is not supported by dde_linux
currently, which should explain the error you experience.

> checking library dependencies...
>   Library ldso_so_support
>     COMPILE  so_support.o
>     MERGE    ldso_so_support.lib.a
>   Library ld
>     CONVERT  ld.symbols.s
>     ASSEMBLE ld.symbols.o
>     MERGE    ld.abi.so
>   Library base
>     MERGE    base.lib.a
>   Library config
>     MERGE    config.lib.a
>   Library lxip_include
>     MERGE    lxip_include.lib.a
>   Library lxip
>     COMPILE  bug.o
>     COMPILE  driver.o
> In file included from <command-line>:
> /home/genode/depot/genodelabs/src/vfs_lxip/2022-11-28/src/lib/lxip/include/lx_emul.h:174:10:
> fatal error: legacy/lx_emul/barrier.h: No such file or directory
>   174 | #include <legacy/lx_emul/barrier.h>
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.

Nevertheless, you may be able to enable lxip, which is just a
network-stack library and does not directly interface with hardware
devices. For the current issue, you should create barrier.h for riscv
taking, for example, the x86 variant as a blue print. As lxip does not
address DMA-capable devices you may implement all function as simple
memory barriers.

Finally, you have to instruct the compiler to lookup your new
barrier.h when running for spec riscv in
repos/dde_linux/lib/import/import-lxip_include.mk.

Good luck

Christian

--
Christian Helmuth