PinePhone image 2023-04-06 (wifi, software-add tab, Jitsi preset)

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Wed Apr 12 11:05:13 CEST 2023

> Do you see a valid IP(v4) address in the 'Wifi' dialog after you joined
> your WiFi network successfully?
>
> Did you also 'Use' the GENODE Partition on the SD card in the storage
> dialog? (Otherwise the tabs in the Software section apart from 'Runtime'
> will be disabled.)
>

> Regards
> Josef

Thanks, that was it indeed, needed to 'Use' the partition. Not sure how I forgot, I must have thought it was implicit from other operations etc. Or maybe I tapped Use and then deactivated it back again.

Now Wi-Fi networking works, I can "check for updates", get the index for "Add.." and so on, and get actual listings.

The software presets don't seem to work though, they go into an infinite loop (reminiscent of that attempt I had made with mobile connectivity climbing up that hill ;) ).
I can end the infinite loop by returning to "empty" preset, and the the phone returns to idle. Also tried the "Add" pane, specifically the depot/nfeske branch, but the items I tried (morph 3d, system shell, etc) don't seem to work. I periodically tap the left edge to switch back and forth to "user screen" but it's blank (black).

In some cases the "Status" pane says " diagnostics: x needs y", closes and re-opens loop-de-loop
In some cases I get an "!" mark next to the "Software" tab's label (and an empty "Status" pane, no error diag)

That's with a PinePhone 2 GB, and 16 GB SD card. Hope this helps somewhat,

Cedric