Genode on RK3588 and Emulation

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 11:41:57 CEST 2022

In message <4d47681e-2c62-c03b-3935-349e75121dbb at genode-labs.com>
          Norman Feske <norman.feske at genode-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,

> thank you for announcing your upcoming work here.

>> As a follow up. Is there a way to use cmake in Genode sources? Like a
>> crosscompile file.

> There is no ready-to-use solution but your idea should be doable.

> As a starting point, you may have a look at the Goa tool [1] that
> integrates popular build tools like CMake with Genode. The most
> important parts for the CMake integration are [2,3,4].

> [1] https://github.com/nfeske/goa
> [2] https://github.com/nfeske/goa/tree/master/share/goa/cmake
> [3] https://github.com/nfeske/goa/blob/master/share/goa/lib/build
> /cmake.tcl
> [4] https://github.com/nfeske/goa/blob/master/share/goa/lib/flags.tcl

> Note that Goa works on the basis of Genode's depot packages, not the
> Genode source repository. But I think that the way of how Goa invokes
> CMake could also work for calling CMake from the Genode build system -
> similar to how some Genode targets use autoconf via [5].

> [5]
> https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/ports/mk/gnu_build.mk
Thanks for te quick answer.

I think I will try (already sort of done) to extract which files I need to
buld. I hope that I can skip cmake for the emulator.

I also found my backup from my previous aarch64 Genode project which will
help me to get the board up and running.

The only thing that stops me now is that I need to find a cooling block
for the board, for some very odd reason I need to cool two chips, and one
of them are lower than the other :/

--
Best regards,
Michael Grunditz