error in building boot image Sculpt OS

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon May 16 08:33:02 CEST 2022

Hello Vasvi Sharma,

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 08:36:35 CEST, vasvi sharma wrote:
> I am new to Sculpt OS and I was working on building genode from source code
> and then later on building boot image (sculpt OS). I faced an issue while
> working on the boot image when I run the following line :
>
> make -C build/x86_64 run/sculpt KERNEL=nova BOARD=pc
>
> Error presented with and without debug in the image shown below (image 1
> and 2) .
>
> I also noticed the error changed if I revert the changes I made in
> build.conf for building genode from source code (image 3) asboth the
> process required modifying the same file.
>
> This was the official document like via which I tried to build boot image :
> https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-22-04#Building_the_boot_image
>
> How should I resolve this issue ?

Unfortunately, you did not post what you changed in the build.conf,
but from the errors in the screenshots I guess you missed to enable
the "pc" repository. So please changes the commented (last) line in
the following snippet

  #
  # Drivers for x86 PC
  #
  #REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/pc

into

  REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/pc

in your etc/build.conf and rebuild.

Also, I'd like to suggest to not post screenshots of text but just
copy the text into the email so it can be quoted in responses. This
makes it easier for others to follow the discussion.

Best regards
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs