terminal interface for tests

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Thu Jun 30 17:48:17 CEST 2022

> Hello, is it possible to launch and execute commands on a Genode VM
> completely through a Linux terminal? I tried qemu's '-nographic' option but
> it doesn't work. The reason I need this is because I want to make some
> changes to a compiler that has Genode support. I need to make some changes
> to the Genode specific code generation. I would like to do this as a test
> workflow on GitHub.

Howdy,
I tried -nographic again yesterday (not in a VM though, natively) and it worked as usual, with the log line scrolling by (via stdout) in the terminal I invoked it from...
What does the qemu invocation line look like, did you include the "-serial stdio" parameter ? Is it run synchronously or in-the-background ?
Which version of qemu are you using ?

Cedric