nova serial log output

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at genode-labs.com
Fri Feb 11 07:55:45 CET 2022

Hello Pirmin,

On 10.02.22 13:14, Pirmin Duss wrote:
> Hello Alex
>
> After I modified bender to always write `0x3f8` to the BDA (currently rather hackish), I'm able to see the serial output.
> The `serial_fallback` wasn't considered, as some serial device was found.
>
> Would you be interested in a patch that adds an option to always write the value `0x3f8` if it is specified on the console. This in fact would be two commits (one for mobro and one for genode).

I think we will have add some extensions to bender to make it UEFI aware. Some assumptions, e.g. that a EBDA exists, are wrong which leads to the non working options, e.g. your serial_fallback case. I would suggest to open a github issue, so that we can document it and potentially come up with a better solution.

Best,

Alex.

> Best regards, Pirmin

Alexander Boettcher