nova serial log output

Duss Pirmin pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Wed Feb 9 12:55:51 CET 2022

Hello Genodians

I have a UP Xtreme board on which I want to run Genode on. it has a
Intel core i7 8xxx [1]. This platform only supports UEFI boot.

Starting Sculpt on the device from an USB stick works.

The main problem I have currently, is that I do not receive any serial
output from the kernel. I also tested with other run scripts like `run/log`.

The device has two physical interfaces (COM1 & COM2) that I have enabled
and configured, in the BIOS, to use the default IO/IRQ values for PCs.

If I start Ubuntu on the device with enabled serial console for GRUB2
and the kernel, I see the corresponding output on my `picocom` session.

Do you have any suggestions what could be the cause?

Best regards,
Pirmin

[1] https://up-board.org/up-xtreme-edge-compute-enabling-kit/