Properly shutting down

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:45:32 CET 2022

Wow! Thanks N III and Cedric. That really really worked. It was in the
alex-ab repo. It seemed like a rather immediate poweroff though - like I
threw the light switch. Of course, that prolly explains this gem:

<!-- Note: power down your persistent Gendo applications & VMs
beforehand on your own ! -->

So, if I'm tracking it means that if I run stuff on disk and want to
shut down, I have to kill everything running on a persistent medium plus
any VMs before sending the reset or poweroff signals? Off to do more
studying - how does one get the environment to reestablish, something
Norman said is ringing a bell...

Later,

Will