RK3588 part 2

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:14:52 CET 2022

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 22:27, Michael Grunditz <michael.grunditz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I finally managed to setup my RK3588 board again. I also have built my own
> u-boot. The error I was experiencing before was because of wrong address of
> binary. bootm uImage still doesn't work , fails in some dt_header thing in
> u-boot. If I can get things moving I will try to isolate that problem.
>
> Now to current status:
> Complete hang in switch to hypervisor. That eret never returns... unless
> Genode::raw stops working after it. Another thing in cortex_a53_cpu.cc that
> doesn't work is: Cpu::current_core_id(). I get a compile time error about
> not being in Board::Cpu. I think those two errors are connected.
>
> Perhaps someone can tell me about the last error (core-id), and what might
> cause it?

I rebased it and it compiles now.

But it still halts in the jump to hypervisor. The entrypoint is set here
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/base-hw/src/bootstrap/spec/arm_64/cortex_a53_mmu.cc#L131
Is the uart mapped one to one and is it usable at all during mmu setiup? I
am (still) a bit new to how Genode sets up things with c++ and also on mmu
setup on aarch64.
Which is the next part after mmu enabling? I assume that a bad write to
phys address when the mmu is on can cause various issues.

Thanks again.