Workflows

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:57:59 CET 2022

Hi,

I have been watching the genode project for quite a while now - seems
like at least 10 years, if not more. I have tried it off and on, over
the years, but until recently didn't really give it more than a quick
run through. Now, I'm getting more interested.

I've got a Thinkpad T430 and it seems to mostly work with Sculpt 22.10
running on a 32GB USB 3 drive. I have a few questions:

1. Is Wifi on the T430 supposed to work? I couldn't get it to do more
than scanning. There are some teensy tiny error messages in the logs, so
if it helps I could get out my magnifier and share them, but if there's
a known issue, I figured y'all would know that without the specific
error message. The wired connection works, so I'm ok with that as a
fallback (but it makes it less mobile).

2. Persistence - what about persistence? I picked the ram-fs per the
getting started document, but I would like to save SOME stuff- say
bookmarks and source code, how do I do that?

3. I read that the genode folks use Sculpt as their daily drivers - so
I'm guessing they don't boot from USB, build their environment up from
scratch, add in firefox, terminal, whatever and so on, every day, just
to start doing other productive things. Is there somewhere where typical
workflows are described?

Oh, and thanks for doing this - I like the modularity and exposed
dependencies.

Thanks,

Will