Announcement: Sculpt OS 22.10 released

Colin Parker cvparker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:53:09 CET 2022

> We
> thoroughly tested Sculpt on our team's arsenal of machines. Please let
> us know how it works on your's.

Sorry, this is late, but happy to report that the new changes worked great for me. I run Sculpt on an Apple Mac mini, so in the past some changes were required to get it to boot. The announced version boots without modifications! In particular the intel FB driver works now.

However, it’s necessary to go a few commits ahead if using NVMe or it will leave the driver without enough capabilities. Furthermore, to make the system usable one needs to shut down the ps2 driver (there isn’t a ps2), which I finally figured out gets stuck in a tight loop on the first attempt at port io and starves the system of resources. Fortunately, this can be done on a live system by editing the “runtime” config file to remove. Overall very pleased.

P.S. a bit later I want to share an update on my effort to port the Linux ath9k wi-fi driver.