Sculpt OS 22.04 Release Candidate (RC)

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Tue Apr 19 09:04:11 CEST 2022

Hello all

On 4/13/22 14:55, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> today we published a Release Candidate of the Sculpt operating system
> for x86-PC. During the last months we worked hard to apply our
> reimagined Linux-device-driver environment also to PC devices and
> updated drivers for USB, Wifi, and Intel graphics to a recent Linux
> kernel version. This opens the prospect to support new PC platforms
> (speak recent notebook devices) more easily in future releases.
>
> The upcoming version of Sculpt replaces multiple integral device
> drivers at once. For this reason, we concluded to pre-release an RC
> and invite all Sculpt users to test it in their current setups. Please
> feel to report back any regression, flaw, or oddity on this list or
> the issue tracker over the next couple of days, so we can address them
> before the final release.
>
> The release candidate is based on the current master branch
>
>    https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/8ece2366354c941ad2206f3d511cd75a1065bb75
>
> and can be downloaded as ready-to-use disk image from
>
>    https://genode.org/files/sculpt/sculpt-22-04rc.img
>    https://genode.org/files/sculpt/sculpt-22-04rc.img.asc (GPG signature)
>
> Happy testing
>
> Christian

I tested the new release over the weekend on my T460p.

I both used wired and wireless networking to download packages.

When I used wireless to update the Linux running the wireless connection
went down in the middle of transferring data. I was only able to bring
it back up after restarting the WiFi driver. When this happened
downloading of package archives in sculpt also failed. This could be
related to #4083.

Otherwise everything worked flawless for me, and I have already updated
the built in disk with this new version.

Best regards, Pirmin