Genode and OpenZFS?

ttcoder at netcourrier.com ttcoder at netcourrier.com
Wed Apr 6 11:21:25 CEST 2022

Hello Genodians, A second quick question in another thread: Does Genode /SculptOS support alternative file systems like ZFS/XFS/BTRFS?

I haven't seen mention of those three, but:

1) it might be possible to port the latter two, in a roundabout way, if you have time to invest in that... (explaining: roughly speaking, I had to work on the Be "VFS/FUSe" layer when working on BFS ; the way they did their FUSe layer, involves their VFS system, which means -- supposedly? -- we might be able to get not only BFS but also other file systems supported by that VFS 'system', which includes XFS, Btrfs but not ZFS I think : https://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems ).

2) depending on what features you need (journalling, xattr, etc) your needs might be served by the existing support in the Genode and Genode-World repos for Ext4, NTFS, etc. No porting work involved, just need to compile them.

HTH, (and nice to see others interested in alt file systems!),

Cedric